A pensioner died after being struck by a car while crossing the road at a bus station.
Brendan Geraghty died in hospital after suffering serious injuries when he was hit by the Citroen Berlingo on Thursday afternoon.
The 70-year-old was crossing the road at the bus station in St Vincent Place, Lanark, when the collision occurred at around 2.15pm.
Mr Geraghty, from Biggar, was taken to Wishaw General Hospital where he died a short time later.
Strathclyde Police said his immediate family have been informed of his death.
The 59-year-old driver of the car was uninjured but was treated for shock, the force said.
Officers are seeking to speak to any witnesses to the incident at the bus station or nearby. Anyone with information is asked to contact officers the road policing unit at Motherwell Police Office on 01698 483043.
People who read this story also read
- Man detained over death of entertainer in own home in 1997
- Man who stabbed lecturer 114 times gives 'condolences' to victim's family
- Giant wind turbine brings traffic on main Argyll route to a standstill
- Rangers newco owners deny season ticket cash has been taken from accounts
- Male teacher claims sex discrimination after losing job to young woman