A man has been arrested in connection with a robbery at a branch of NatWest in Edinburgh.
A four-figure sum of money was taken from the bank's George Street branch in Edinburgh on Wednesday.
Staff were allegedly threatened before being forced to hand over the cash.
The bank was cordoned off after the incident at around 3.50pm.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with the robbery.
He is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Friday.
People who read this story also read
- Man who stabbed lecturer 114 times gives 'condolences' to victim's family
- Pensioner dies after being knocked down by car at bus station
- Rangers newco owners deny season ticket cash has been taken from accounts
- Literary fans queue overnight in the rain for book festival tickets
- Man detained over death of entertainer in own home in 1997