A man was detained by police in connection with the death of an entertainer found dead in his flat almost 15 years ago.
The body of Hugh Ferris was found in his flat in Glasgow’s south side on Friday, December 12, 1997.
On Friday, Strathclyde Police said they had detained and reported a man to the procurator fiscal in relation to the death.
The 49-year-old suspect has since been released from police custody.
Mr Ferris was found dead at around 12.20am at his home in Leven Street, Pollokshields. The 58-year-old was a well-known comedian and singer in the pub and club circuit in Glasgow.
One of the events he organised was a weekly Sunday ceilidh at Sammy Dow’s pub in Glasgow’s Nithsdale Road.
Recently his friend and colleague, the actor Peter Mullan, had appealed for information in connection with his death.
People who read this story also read
- Man arrested in connection with bottle attack on nine-year-old girl
- Rangers newco owners deny season ticket cash has been taken from accounts
- Killer in hospital for 45 years bids for transfer to prison cell
- Pensioner dies after being knocked down by car at bus station
- Sentence delay for man who raped woman while she was asleep