A 13-year-old boy has been knocked down by a car on his way to school.
The teenager was hit by the vehicle in Slateford Road, Edinburgh just after 7.30am on Tuesday.
He was taken to hospital to be treated for a leg injury.
A Scottish Ambulance spokesman said they had taken him to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
He said: "We received a call at 7.37am to say that a 13-year-old boy had been hit by a car."
A Lothian and Borders spokeswoman said: "The boy is conscious and breathing but has sustained leg injuries."
People who read this story also read
- Scots jockey dies in pool accident in Greece day before his 22nd birthday
- Man raped one woman and kicked another in the face, knocking out her teeth
- 36-year-old man dies in hospital after being 'attacked' in own home
- Hundreds protest outside new home of convicted rapist Robert Greens
- Police to dig up garden in hunt for missing primary school teacher