A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with head injuries after colliding with a car.
The crash between a silver people carrier and the bike happened at around 6.40pm on Friday at the junction of Leith Walk and McDonald Road in Edinburgh.
One casualty was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary with head injuries. No more details about the people involved is available.
Both vehicles suffered substantial damage in the accident.
Lothian and Borders Police have closed McDonald Road as they carry out an investigation into the crash.
Lothian Buses are using London Road and Easter Road but northbound services are running as normal.
People who read this story also read
- Storms lead to flooding, power cuts and traffic chaos in East Lothian
- Arrest after 46-year-old man dies in disturbance in seaside town
- Sick sheep dies after being found dumped in a field in West Lothian
- Edinburgh street closed as grenade is destroyed in controlled explosion
- Residents rescued after rainfall leaves homes six foot under water