A motorcyclist who died in a crash with a car has been named by police.
Roland Bentley, 34, died of his injuries after he was airlifted to Ninewells hospital in Dundee.
Two other men, aged 33 and 73, were also injured. One of them is in Ninewells hospital.
The crash happened at 3pm on Wednesday on the A933 Brechin to Arbroath road, which is still closed at its junction with the A934 near Friockheim.
A Tayside Police spokesman said: "Mr Bentley's family are understandably upset by their sudden loss and have said that he will be greatly missed.
"Inquiries into the full set of circumstances of the incident are ongoing and officers would appeal for anyone who may have information to contact Tayside Police."
The spokesman said a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Family appeals to fly stranded cancer-stricken daughter home from Mexico
- Young woman admits causing 'dear friend's' death in car crash
- Family of cancer-struck girl thank public for ‘overwhelming’ generosity
- New £600,000 visitor centre opens at distillery featured in Scottish film
- Woman rescued by firefighters after falling onto rocks at beauty spot