A man who went missing from an Edinburgh hospital has been found safe and well.
Alan Budge was last seen at around 12.30pm on Wednesday at the Royal Edinburgh.
A search to find the 47-year-old was launched after he failed to return home and his family did not hear from him.
Police said they traced Mr Budge at around 9.40pm on Wednesday.
He was found safe and well in the Abbeymount area of the city.
Lothian and Borders Police thanked the public for their help.
People who read this story also read
- Men arrested over theft of block of frozen doner meat from kebab shop
- Motorcyclist knocked off bike was killed when another car ran over him
- Cyclist in hospital after being knocked off bike by motorist
- Courtroom had to be fumigated over scabies infection worries
- Homeless man 'mugged then thrown into river to drown'