A motorcyclist has died and two men are in a serious condition in hospital after a two vehicle crash.
The accident happened on the A933 approximately one mile north of Friockheim in Angus at around 3pm on Wednesday when a Vauxhall Corsa and Suzuki motorbike collided with one another.
The 34-year-old rider of the bike died from his injuries. Two other men, aged 34 and 73, were airlifted to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee where they are in a serious condition.
An investigation is under way and anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to come forward.
The A933 is closed in both directions and diversions are in place. Tayside Police hope to reopen the road later on Wednesday evening.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact Tayside Police on 0300 111 2222.
People who read this story also read
- Three men injured in serious crash between motorcycle and car
- Motorcyclist knocked off bike was killed when another car ran over him
- Woman dies and two other seriously injured after crash on rural road
- Three teachers struck off over allegations of inappropriate behaviour
- Dog walker suffers burns and pet killed after being struck by lightning