A man has been arrested after police recovered a number of guns and rounds of ammunition in a raid.
The 56-year-old is expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday after being detained.
Police searched several houses and properties as part of a "planned operation".
At around 7am on Tuesday officers entered a house in Hillside Terrace, in the East Dunbartonshire village of Milton of Campsie, where they found the firearms and "thousands of rounds of ammunition".
The type and number of guns discovered in the property have not been released by police.
As part of the Strathclyde Police operation, searches were also carried out at a number of houses in north Glasgow, two city centre businesses and one in north Stirling.
People who read this story also read
- Crane collapses killing one worker in Glasgow city centre
- Homeless man 'mugged then thrown into river to drown'
- Police officer caused taxi driver's death in careless driving collision
- Demolition worker injured after gas cylinder explodes at power station
- Wife of bomb suspect ‘sent husband text about paradise’ before death blast