A woman was injured and her pet dog killed after being struck by lightning in Aberdeen.
The incident happened on Scotstown Moor in the Bridge of Don area around 4pm on Tuesday.
It is understood the woman was treated for minor burns at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and was “very distressed” about the death of her dog, which is believed to be a boxer.
A friend told the Press and Journal: “She is too upset to speak, but we believe that it was a freak accident that could have happened to anyone.
“Although she was hurt herself, the lady is very distressed about the dog.
“Her partner has been working away and that has made the situation worse, although he is expected home later today.”
A spokesman for NHS Grampian confirmed a patient had been released from hospital after suffering burns.
People who read this story also read
- Scotland's 12th richest man facing council bill to stop factory firebugs
- Oil firm to attempt to lift World War II mine from under North Sea pipeline
- Animal sanctuary on brink of closure as costs soar and donations dwindle
- Helicopter manufacturer Eurocopter clears Bond over North Sea ditching
- Willie Miller sacked as Aberdeen FC announces major boardroom changes