The A9 has been closed at Golspie after a three vehicle crash.
A spokesman for Northern Constabulary said the collision happened at around 11.20am on Tuesday at Golspie between Tain and Brora in the Highlands.
He said the accident involved a car, a van and a car pulling a caravan.
It was understood that no one was seriously injured in the accident.
The spokesman added that those involved had been described as walking wounded.
The road is expected to remain closed for at least an hour to allow for the scene to be cleared.
More About A9 deaths
- Average speed cameras could be installed on 'Scotland’s deadliest road'
- Fuel spillage after crash between two cars and a lorry on A9
- Couple killed when Harley Davidson crashed on A9 bridge named
- Two killed as Harley-Davidson crashes on Highland bridge
- £3bn project for dualling of notorious A9 road takes step forward
- Lorry filled with cardboard catches fire and closes busy A9 road
- Two people injured after car and motorcycle in collision on A9
People who read this story also read
- Tobermory distillery ceases whisky production after unseasonal dry spell
- Seagull crashes into electricity box causing power cut at three villages
- A9 is ‘Scotland’s deadliest road’ as 67 lives lost in five years
- Motorist remains in critical condition after serious two-vehicle crash
- Woman who killed housemate after 'sex game went wrong' is jailed