A prisoner has died in custody at HMP Barlinnie, the Crown Office said.
John Duffin, 40, was found dead in the Glasgow prison on Sunday June 17.
He was awaiting sentence after being convicted of stealing from a motor vehicle.
The police have been informed and will report the matter to the procurator fiscal.
A fatal accident inquiry may be held in due course, officials said.
The cause of death has not been disclosed.
People who read this story also read
- Couple on trial accused of neglecting three-month-old son who died
- Jealous boyfriend tried to murder 'love rival' with samurai sword
- School dinners blogger posts first picture of her lunch since ban lifted
- Strathclyde Police PR chief recruited by 'No' to independence campaign
- Inquiry into mystery explosion that destroyed shop and injured man