CCTV images of a man have been released by police investigating an attack on a woman as she walked home from a night out.
Police want to speak to the man in connection with the incident in Edinburgh city centre.
The 21-year-old woman left the Chanter bar in the city’s Bread Street at around 1am on May 28 and was close to the Premier Inn hotel in Morrison Circus when she was attacked by a man.
Lothian and Borders Police said a struggle took place but the woman managed to break free from her attacker.
A police spokesman said: "Although she was not injured, the victim was left extremely distressed and we are keen to hear from any members of the public who can assist with our enquiries.
"Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV images, or who has any other information that can assist us in identifying him, should contact police immediately."
The man is described as 25 to 30 years old, 5ft 7in with shoulder-length dirty blond hair. He was wearing a light bomber style jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information in relation to the attack is asked to contact the police on 0131 311 3131.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers crisis: Dave King flies into Glasgow to hold talks over newco club
- Livingston football stadium badly damaged in suspicious blaze
- Inquiry into mystery explosion that destroyed shop and injured man
- Man due in court over Lee Duncan death in Edinburgh
- 89-year-old woman robbed of handbag as she walked along street