A school has been forced to use bottled water after elevated levels of bacteria were found at two taps.
The bacteria was found after water samples were tested at Bannockburn High School, Stirling, on Thursday.
Inspectors decided the water should not be used for drinking, washing or preparing food.
Stirling Council said the school was working with NHS Forth Valley and on the health board’s advice was operating as normal.
A statement on behalf of Stirling Council and NHS Forth Valley said: "Results from tests carried out at Bannockburn High School have found elevated levels of bacteria at two taps in the school. An alternative water supply is now in place and hand sanitisers have being provided so the school can remain open as normal.
"Stirling Council is working closely with NHS Forth Valley to manage and resolve this situation and further testing is being carried out. There are no reports of any illness connected to the bacteria.
"Work will be undertaken over the weekend to super chlorinate the water supply pipework and flush the system to ensure that any residual contamination in the supply is destroyed and removed."
People who read this story also read
- Excitement as killer whale pod spotted five metres from shore
- Criminal absconds from open prison within hours of being taken there
- Council 'orders nine-year-old girl to stop school meals blog'
- Twitter in full fury as council bans girl taking photos of her school meals
- Celtic fans challenged Hearts supporters to fight after match