The dog walker who died after he fell from a cliff in East Lothian has been named.
Robert Gordon Harkess, known as Gordon, from East Linton died as a result of the injuries he sustained from the fall on Thursday morning.
The 69-year-old was out walking his dog at Tyninghame Links near Dunbar when he fell from the narrow path to the rocks below.
He sustained serious head injuries and was airlifted to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after a two and a half hour rescue operation.
An eyewitness said: "I was there from about 8.30am and I could see medics and police working around him with the incoming tide lapping around him.
"They were at it for about two hours before the Sea King arrived at about 10.30am and took him up with two medics who were treating him."
People who read this story also read
- Woman, 80, suffers head injury in collision with van
- New Rangers chairman believes reaction to newco club has got 'out of hand'
- Concern grows for 40-year-old man missing from home
- National Museum of Scotland served notice after Legionnaires' outbreak
- Man left with broken jaw after attack by gang as he walked along street