A man had his jaw broken after he was attacked by a gang in Edinburgh.
The 31-year-old was seriously assaulted as he and his friend walked along Gorgie Road towards Stewart Terrace in the west of the city at 5.30pm on Tuesday.
A group of four men approached the pair at the junction of Wardlaw Place and then assaulted.
The victim’s friend, 25, tried to defend him, before the group of Asian men ran off.
The man was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment.
Lothian and Borders Police are reviewing CCTV footage taken from the area and are looking to trace any witnesses.
A police spokesperson said; “This was a nasty attack which left the victim with serious facial injuries and we are looking to trace those responsible as a matter of urgency.
“Due to the time of day, the area would have been busy with commuters and pedestrians anyone with any information should call us immediately.”
Information can be passed to the Lothian and Borders Polie Force Communications Centre on 0131 311 3131, or to Crimestoppers in complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Man assaulted in the face while sitting in a park with friend
- Rangers crisis: Charles Green urged to sell club to Smith consortium
- Dog walker, 69, dies in hospital after fall from cliff
- Pet owner dragged puppy along pavement and slammed body against kerb
- Glasgow congregation to split from Church of Scotland in gay clergy row