A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after a teenager was critically injured in a street attack in Ayrshire.
Jason Gilmour, 22, made no plea or declaration to one count of assault to severe injury, danger of life and trying to kill the teenager.
He is also charged with one count of assault to injury.
The victim, who has not been named, is fighting for life in hospital with severe head injuries.
The 18-year-old was found lying in Hill Street, Ardrossan, on Monday night.
Gilmour, of Ardrossan, was remanded in custody at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court for further investigation.
People who read this story also read
- Man jailed for killing his cousin by stabbing him in the buttocks
- Toddler wandered out of nursery near to busy M77 motorway
- Boy, 14 boy denies raping girl in secondary school toilet
- Trains cancelled and services disrupted after person dies on train track
- Scotland Tonight to air special one-hour programme on Rangers crisis