Human remains found in a wood more than a month ago have been identified as a man who went missing in 2008.
Victor Bell, 43, was found by a man out walking his dog in the early hours near the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum in Stirlingshire on May 5.
A spokeswoman for Central Scotland Police said the remains were identified on Wednesday.
Mr Bell was reported missing in July 2008 and North Yorkshire Police had been searching for him since then.
Central Scotland Police said his death was not being treated as suspicious and a report would be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Man's body recovered after boating incident near pier on west coast
- Traffic delays after overturned horse box forces road closure
- Motorist who drank father's home brew crashed car into bridge
- Ban on fishing discards receives cautious welcome from minister
- Sacked upholsterer threatened 'rampage' with petrol bombs and knives