A 14-year-old boy has denied raping a girl in a school toilet.
The teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, is accused of seizing the girl by the hand, locking the door after pulling her into the toilet, pushing her to the floor and holding her down.
It is claimed that he made her perform oral sex before pulling down her clothes and having sex with her.
The alleged offence is said to have happened at an Edinburgh secondary school on February 9 last year when both were 13.
Solicitor advocate Matthew Auchinloss, defending, told the High Court in Edinburgh that the boy denied the charge and claimed that anything which happened was with the girl's consent.
The lawyer also asked for more time to prepare for trial.
The boy is due back in court next month.
People who read this story also read
- Toddler wandered out of nursery near to busy M77 motorway
- Rape accused says girl and her mother are telling ‘pack of lies’
- Man slashed with knife and beaten after chatting to attacker in street
- Rangers administrators claim Green bid stands despite liquidation move
- Man jailed for killing his cousin by stabbing him in the buttocks