A man has been arrested in connection with an attempted murder that has left an 18-year-old fighting for his life.
The 22-year-old is being held in police custody after the incident in North Ayrshire on Monday night.
Currently the teenager is in a critical condition in Glasgow’s Southern General Hospital. He is being treated for serious head injuries.
He was found lying in Ardrossan’s Hill Street at around 8.25pm after being involved in an altercation.
Strathclyde Police confirmed an arrest had been made in connection with the incident and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
The suspect is expected to appear at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court on Wednesday in connection with the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Man slashed with knife and beaten after chatting to attacker in street
- Rape accused says girl and her mother are telling ‘pack of lies’
- 65-year-old man found dead by fire crews in house is named
- Rangers administrators claim Green bid stands despite liquidation move
- Toddler wandered out of nursery near to busy M77 motorway