A tyre factory is set to be demolished after a blaze caused damage worth £100,000.
Emergency services were called to the fire at Cadzow Auto Repairs at an industrial estate at Low Waters Road, Hamilton at around 1.35am on Monday.
Firefighters were able to put the blaze out but the building has now to be demolished due to the damage.
Detective constable Edward Mather, who is investigating this incident, said: "I would appeal to anyone who was in the area and saw anyone at or near the factory in the early hours of Monday morning to get in touch.
"There is a taxi company very near the factory and customers may have seen someone behaving in a suspicious manner."
Any person with information is asked to contact the CID at Hamilton Police Office on number 01698 483300 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Street cordoned off overnight amidst ‘ongoing police incident’
- Firefighters discover body of man in house blaze in Renfrewshire town
- 350-mile challenge for retired Hamilton Rugby Club players
- Killer was out on bail for police officer attack when he murdered boy
- Teenager in critical condition after murder attempt in seaside town