A man has died in a house fire in Renfrewshire.
Firefighters were called to the scene of the blaze at a property on Cairngorm Crescent in the Potterhill area of Paisley shortly after 5am on Monday.
Crews were confronted by a serious fire and heavy smoke and requested assistance from additional crews.
However, they learned a man was still inside the property and firefighters entered the house using breathing equipment to conduct a search.
Inside they found the body of a man who was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.
Fire crews are still at the incident and will remain there while enquiries are carried out.
An investigation in the cause of the fire has been launched by Strathclyde Fire and Rescue’s Incident Research and Investigation Section and detectives from Strathclyde Police.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers liquidation now inevitable after CVA bid rejected by HMRC
- Street cordoned off overnight amidst ‘ongoing police incident’
- Teenager in critical condition after murder attempt in seaside town
- Patient's leg amputated after nurse 'failed to give medication'
- In full: Rangers statement on CVA failure