A street in Ardrossan has been cordoned off by police responding to an “ongoing incident”.
Princes Street, a busy shopping thoroughfare in the North Ayrshire town, was closed off on Monday evening.
Officers from Strathclyde Police were called to the scene at 8.30pm.
A force spokesman confirmed police remained at the scene on Tuesday morning.
“It is still an ongoing incident,” he said.
The nature of the incident is not yet known.
In addition to a number of shops and business properties, Princes Street also houses Ardrossan Town train station.
People who read this story also read
- Teenager in critical condition after murder attempt in seaside town
- Schoolgirl accused man of rape after watching EastEnders episode
- Laptop with bank details of more than 16,000 customers stolen from council
- Killer was out on bail for police officer attack when he murdered boy
- Rangers crisis: Possibility of selling Ibrox naming rights 'being explored'