A speed camera has been torched on the busy A90 in an early morning vandal attack.
The detector, located on the Peterhead to Fraserburgh road outside the Bancar Hotel in Lonmay, sustained "extensive damage".
According to a force spokesman, the incident happened around 3am on Sunday, June 3.
A similar incident happened on the A90 at Stonehaven near Mill o’ Forest in March earlier this year.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 should they wish to remain anonymous.
People who read this story also read
- Teenage girl who went missing at RockNess found safe and well
- Man, 29, dies in hospital after suffering injury on board supply boat
- Man due in court in connection with explosion at tenement building
- Olympic torch relay protester is astounded by surprise police visit
- Pensioner dies in hospital after crashing neighbour’s new motorbike