A man has died after being hit by a bus on the A96 near Keith.
The pedestrian sustained fatal injuries after colliding with the southbound Stagecoach Bluebird two miles south of the Morayshire town.
The bus was carrying 25 passengers at the time of the incident.
Police and paramedics were called at 11.20am on Sunday.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A96 has been closed in both directions and will remain so until investigations have been completed.
People who read this story also read
- Pensioner dies in hospital after crashing neighbour’s new motorbike
- Teenager dies at RockNess music festival as police issue drugs warning
- 'Malicious' vandals cause £20k worth of damage to Aberdeenshire home
- Two men who died in A9 collision between van and bus named
- Family mourns ‘irreplaceable’ pensioner who died in motorcycle crash