Hundreds of pounds have been stolen from a Glasgow bookmaker by a hooded armed robber.
The man targeted the Ladbrokes branch in West Nile Street at around 9.40pm on Thursday.
He entered the betting shop and threatened the 38-year-old woman working there with a hammer. He stole the money then ran off.
Detective Constable Adam Richardson said: "I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Ladbrokes in West Nile Street and saw this man to come forward. He had a very distinct appearance as he was extremely gaunt with sharp facial features.
"He may have been hanging about in the area prior to the robbery and people may recognise the description. At this time we are looking at CCTV footage and carrying out enquiries in the area.
"Any person with information is asked to contact police on 0141 532 3036. Alternatively telephone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where anonymity can be maintained.”
The suspect is described as white, slim and with a very thin and gaunt face. He had black-framed glasses on and was wearing black jeans and a red waterproof jacket which was black on the shoulders and sleeves.
The robber had his hood up during the incident and was wearing a skip cap underneath.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers administrators blame HMRC penalties for £4m tax bill increase
- Taxi drivers get ready for annual children’s charity seaside outing
- Man 'scarred' after he is bottled and robbed near Glasgow Gaelic School
- Two men arrested after £29 allegedly stolen from a public water fountain
- Disabled woman assaulted in 'sickening' handbag robbery