A motorcyclist has died after colliding with a tractor on a road near Biggar.
The 26-year-old was travelling southbound on the B7016 between Liberton and Biggar, near to East Whitecastle farm, when the incident happened.
The motorcycle and the tractor collided at around 3.30pm on Tuesday. The biker died at the scene.
The 59-year-old tractor driver, who was driving northbound, was not injured but police said he was left badly shaken by the incident.
The B7016 was closed for seven hours following the crash.
Strathclyde Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident to get in touch. Anyone with information should contact Constable Graeme Henderson of Motherwell Road Policing on 01698 483 043.
People who read this story also read
- Roads reopen after firefighters tackle midnight blaze in city centre tunnel
- Nephew attacked uncle with hammer after refusing to let him in house
- Robber threatens motorist with knife and forces him to drive through city
- Woman indecently assaulted by man as she walked along street
- Armed robber threatens staff at William Hill betting shop with knife