An eight-year-old girl has died after she was hit by a bus while riding her bike in Renfrewshire.
The child was on Barclay Avenue in Elderslie, Johnstone, when she was hit by the bus travelling west.
A spokesman for Strathclyde Police said: "Emergency services were contacted but unfortunately the young girl died at the scene."
"Enquiries are continuing, however, anyone with information or who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Sergeant Jane Taylor at the Divisional Road Policing Unit in Greenock on 01475 492537."
The girl's relatives have been informed of her death.
A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Woman goes missing after using cash machine outside supermarket
- Two abandoned dogs thrown over six foot fence into school playground
- Long delays for motorists at Clyde Tunnel after two-car crash
- Man 'viciously' beaten and slashed across face after chatting to woman
- Driver dies after car veers off carriageway and strikes lamppost