A woman has vanished after she was last seen at a cash machine outside a supermarket.
Sandra MacLeod, 41, has not been seen by family or friends since 2.10pm on Monday. She was seen getting out of a taxi at the Tesco store in Greenock and going to the ATM there.
Inspector Martin Fergus from Greenock Police Office said: "We are making extensive inquiries to trace Sandra and I would ask anyone who has seen Sandra since lunchtime yesterday to get in touch.
"I would also appeal to Sandra to make contact with either her family or myself if she can as we simply want to ensure that she is safe and well, I would like to reassure her that she is not in any trouble we just want to make sure she is ok."
Ms MacLeod is five feet six inches tall, of medium build, with shoulder length blond hair. When she was last seen, she was wearing a red jacket, black trousers, dark shoes and she was carrying a handbag.
The 41-year-old always wears shaded glasses for medical reasons.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers at Greenock Police Office on 01475 492 500.
People who read this story also read
- Eight-year-old girl dies after being struck by bus while riding bicycle
- Long delays for motorists at Clyde Tunnel after two-car crash
- Two abandoned dogs thrown over six foot fence into school playground
- Man 'viciously' beaten and slashed across face after chatting to woman
- Armed robbers wore ‘Halloween’-style masks to threaten store staff