Tayside Police is investigating the use of CS spray during an arrest in Perth and Kinross.
Reports suggest that the spray was used on two children while officers attended a large disturbance at an address in Kings Road, Coupar Angus on Thursday night.
Six men and a woman aged between 19 and 48-years-old have been charged in connection with the incident and have been reported to the procurator fiscal.
Charges relate to breach of the peace and obstructing the police.
A spokeswoman for Tayside Police confirmed that they had received complaints about the use of CS spray in dealing with the disturbance.
She added: "Tayside Police can confirm that the use of CS spray in dealing with this disturbance has been the subject of complaints and enquiries to establish the full circumstances are ongoing."
People who read this story also read
- Former principal claims he was dismissed for being ‘white Christian’
- Police investigating the sudden death of a woman found in Inverness
- Man charged with murder after 'stabbing' outside of pub
- Dialysis patient who has suffered 14 heart attacks 'fit enough to work'
- Firefighters continue to tackle wildfires in the Highlands as road reopens