The First Minister says Scotland’s affection for the Queen remains “very loyal and strong” as celebrations to mark her Diamond Jubilee continue.
Ahead of a thanksgiving service at London's St Paul's Cathedral, Alex Salmond spoke of his admiration for Her Majesty.
Days of celebrations have seen beacons lit across the country, street parties and community events.
Among the other locations hosting beacon ceremonies are McCaig's Tower in Oban, Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Jubilee fever even struck the chimpanzees at Edinburgh Zoo, where they were given specially themed snacks.
Mr Salmond said: "We have had the opportunity this weekend for the people of Scotland to mark this wonderful occasion and it is clear that the Scots' affection for the Queen continues to be very loyal and strong.
"I am honoured to be attending the service of thanksgiving in St Paul's Cathedral in London and will be equally honoured when Scotland marks this tremendous reign of 60 years with thanksgiving services in both Glasgow and Edinburgh during Royal week in July and the magnificent specially themed Jubilee Tattoo in August."
More About Queen's Jubilee
- East Kilbride girl in the running for Britain's most entertaining kid
- Diamond Jubilee celebrations end with tea on the lawn at Balmoral
- ‘I get butterflies in my belly when I think about speaking to her’
- The 'Scottish Burberry' - Mackintosh gifts fit for a Queen
- ‘I wrote to Prince William for wedding advice. Now I’m meeting the Queen’
- Jubilee year facts and figures fit for a Queen [Interactive]
- Queen set to return to Scotland for a week of Jubilee celebrations
- Street parties and afternoon teas as Scotland celebrates Queen’s Jubilee
- Jubilee celebrations under way as Scots mark 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II
People who read this story also read
- Anarchists replace Union Flag at Bank of Scotland HQ in Edinburgh
- Man charged with murder after 'stabbing' outside of pub
- Girl airlifted to hospital after she and friend swept off Eyemouth seawall
- Woman and her pet attacked by three dogs while out walking in city
- Body of man discovered in harbour during search for missing teenager