A teenage girl has been killed after her car crashed into a field off the A703 in Midlothian.
Lisa Anne Laurie from Innerleithen was involved in a single-vehicle accident at around 9.30pm just south of the Leadburn junction.
Police said the 19-year-old was driving south on the Edinburgh to Peebles road before her black Renault Clio left the road whilst negotiating a left hand bend close to Kingside Farm.
Officers were called to the incident but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was alone in the car at the time.
The road was closed for seven hours while police officers carried out an investigation of the scene.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have been on the road at the time and seen the collision or the vehicle involved to contact them on 0131 311 3131.
People who read this story also read
- Wife of Scots entrepreneur given community service over US nightclub arrest
- Baby diagnosed with tumour at two hours old is youngest cancer patient
- Relatives of man who died in his Edinburgh home sought by police
- Classroom assistant downloaded child abuse images 'for the rush'
- Three commercial vehicles set on fire 'risking lives of residents'