Alex Salmond and Johann Lamont both paid tribute to the Queen in the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday.
On Scotland Tonight royal author Roddy Martine, Carolyn Leckie of the Scottish Socialist Party and Peter MacMahon were in the studio to discuss whether Scotland cares about the Jubilee.
Just over 100 street parties are planned in Scotland over the Jubilee weekend while thousands are set to take place in England and Wales.
Roddy Martine said: "I think the Scots have never made a fuss of this kind of thing."
But he added: "On the day I think everybody will watching TV or out on the streets hopefully enjoying the good weather."
Carolyn Leckie said: "I think people see them (the monarchy) as harmless but the point is that the people do not choose them."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash