A woman has died following a head-on collision between two cars.
The crash happened on the A701 road in Tweedsmuir, the Borders, about one mile south of the Crook Inn at 1.30pm on Wednesday.
The woman, who was a passenger in a Peugeot 5008, died at the scene.
The car's driver was airlifted to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
He was said to have suffered serious injuries.
The male driver of the other car, a Dodge Caliber, was described as "walking wounded". He was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Lothian and Borders Police said an investigation into the crash was continuing.
People who read this story also read
- Drivers escape collision on A9 after vehicle bursts into flames
- Doctor who carried out sexually motivated examination struck off
- Ice cream boss Mackie named windmills on his farm after ex-girlfriends
- Man seriously injured in road crash loses fight for life in hospital
- Ex-News of the World editor Andy Coulson held on perjury charges