A driver who died in a collision between a lorry and a traffic management vehicle on the M80 has been named.
John Paul Pratt, 39, from Bishopbriggs, near Glasgow, died following the accident on Tuesday morning on the motorway, northbound between junction seven (Haggs) and junction eight (Bankhead).
Mr Pratt was taken to Forth Valley Royal Hospital where he died.
Two other men were also taken to hospital suffering from minor injuries.
The road was closed for several hours between the two junctions and there was heavy traffic in the area.
Central Scotland Police are investigating the collision and have asked for anyone with information to contact them on on 01786 456000 or information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
People who read this story also read
- Driver dies after lorry and traffic management vehicle crash on M80
- Driver who tore roof off his bus in crash can claim for unfair dismissal
- Drivers escape collision on A9 after vehicle bursts into flames
- Classroom assistant downloaded child abuse images 'for the rush'
- Man seriously injured in road crash loses fight for life in hospital