Three people have been seriously injured after their car crashed into an embankment.
A 19-year-old man and two 18-year-old women were travelling in the Renault Megane at 4.15am on Tuesday when the incident happened.
The car was heading west on the A810 Glasgow Road at Hardgate in Clydebank when it left the road and collided with a grass embankment.
The 19-year-old was taken to the Southern General Hospital for treatment for serious head injuries. One of the 18-year-old women suffered a leg injury and is in the Western Infirmary while the other’s injury is described as “serious”. She is being cared for at the Royal Infirmary Hospital.
Police have closed the A810 in both directions between the Hardgate roundabout and the Faifley Road junction.
Strathclyde Police is appealing for witnesses to the crash to come forward. Anyone with information should contact Constable Gordon McIntyre of Dumbarton Road Policing Unit on 01389 822 124.
People who read this story also read
- Man killed after being hit by train on busy city commuter line
- Motorist accused of killing pedestrian claimed car 'had mind of its own'
- Two men and eight-year-old boy injured in 'large-scale' disturbance in park
- Killer broke down in tears after the man he stabbed 12 times died
- Rangers administrators still 'unable to reveal' pence in pound CVA offer