Trainspotting has been voted the best British film of the Queen’s sixty year reign in an online survey by HMV.
Screenwriter Sergio Casci and film critic Siobhan Synnot were on Scotland Tonight on Monday to discuss their views on the Danny Boyle film taking the top spot.
Sergio Casci said: "I can’t wait to go and see it again. It’s a fantastic film."
But he added: "There’s so many great movies, it’s so hard to say that one is better than the other.
"The thing about Trainspotting is that there are some films that you turn on the TV you’ll always enjoy what’s on no matter what part of the film is on."
Other movies including the James Bond films, Chariots of Fire and Bridget Jones’s Diary were thrown into the debate on the show.
Speaking of Trainspotting Siobhan Synnot said: "We just didn’t really think that it was going to take off in the way that it did."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore clash in independence debate
- Analysis: Who won the Scotland Tonight debate on independence?
- Debate: Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore cross-examine each other
- Currency, oil and debt: The economics of Scottish independence
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore make their case to viewers
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- What convinced French-born MSP Christian Allard to join the SNP?