Trainspotting has been voted the best British film of the Queen’s sixty year reign in an online survey by HMV.
Screenwriter Sergio Casci and film critic Siobhan Synnot were on Scotland Tonight on Monday to discuss their views on the Danny Boyle film taking the top spot.
Sergio Casci said: "I can’t wait to go and see it again. It’s a fantastic film."
But he added: "There’s so many great movies, it’s so hard to say that one is better than the other.
"The thing about Trainspotting is that there are some films that you turn on the TV you’ll always enjoy what’s on no matter what part of the film is on."
Other movies including the James Bond films, Chariots of Fire and Bridget Jones’s Diary were thrown into the debate on the show.
Speaking of Trainspotting Siobhan Synnot said: "We just didn’t really think that it was going to take off in the way that it did."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash