A man has died after being hit by a train on a busy commuter route.
He was struck at platform two of Giffnock station on the line between Glasgow Central and East Kilbride.
The incident took place at around 6.35am on Monday.
All services between the stations were restored at around 9am after being suspended following the incident.
ScotRail provided replacement buses for passengers.
A spokesman for the Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed the incident had resulted in fatality.
People who read this story also read
- Two men and eight-year-old boy injured in 'large-scale' disturbance in park
- Suspicious death of man at popular walking route West Highland Way
- Man, 23, dies in hospital after jumping into water at popular park
- Fire service issues warning as man who died in park waterfall is named
- Man arrested after police seize £85,000-worth of drugs from house