A kayaker has been found dead after being reported as missing off the western coast.
Coastguard teams launched an extensive search after the man was reported as overdue from Balvicar, on Seil, on Saturday.
Six teams were involved in the operation along with rescue helicopters from Stornoway and Prestwick, various local vessels and an Oban lifeboat.
Around 10.30am a civil aircraft reported sighting the kayak 1.5 miles west of Easdale.
The Oban lifeboat arrived at the scene and reported that the single occupant was deceased.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
People who read this story also read
- Man, 23, dies in hospital after jumping into water at popular park
- Fire service issues warning as man who died in park waterfall is named
- Two men and eight-year-old boy injured in 'large-scale' disturbance in park
- Kevin 'Gerbil' Carroll's home seized under Proceeds of Crime Act
- Traffic delayed as emergency services attend four-vehicle incident