A man has died after jumping into water in Glasgow's second-largest park.
Police said the 23-year-old plunged into a pool at the Linn Park waterfall at around 1.30pm on Saturday.
Witnesses say he got into difficulty and did not resurface.
A search and rescue operation was subsequently launched and the man was pulled from the water by emergency services.
He was taken to Glasgow Victoria Infirmary where he later died.
A report has been submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Traffic delayed as emergency services attend four-vehicle incident
- Investigation under way after man is found with serious head injuries
- Elderly man injured after reversing his mobility scooter into a river
- Venomous scorpion found 4000 miles from home by inquisitive dog
- Health scare caused by man swapping Nurofen for prescription drugs