A pupil who was critically injured in an alleged fight at school has died in hospital.
Euan Craig, 14, was involved in the incident at a secondary school in Glasgow on Wednesday morning.
He was rushed to the Southern General Hospital in the city after the incident, where he died of his injuries on Thursday afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said: "Sympathies are extended to his family. A full report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
A 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident on Wednesday.
The teenage accused - who cannot be named for legal reasons - appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday.
He was charged with assault to severe injury and the danger of life during the appearance in private. He made no plea or declaration before being released on bail and the case was continued.
People who read this story also read
- Murder inquiry after 25-year-old man stabbed by gang in street
- Woman ‘badly shaken’ after robber holds up petrol station at knifepoint
- Concern over unofficial Kelvingrove Park party to mark Queen's Jubilee
- Rangers tax case blogger wins prestigious prize for online revelations
- Scots sizzle in the sun as temperatures soar to record highs