A pupil has been critically injured after a fight broke out at his secondary school.
The 14-year-old boy was seriously injured in the incident at Rosshall Academy in Glasgow’s Crookston on Wednesday.
A fight broke out outside the gym at the school at around 11.45am.
He is currently being treated in the Southern General Hospital where his condition is described as critical.
The Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed it took a "unconscious male" to hospital from the school on Wednesday.
Strathclyde Police later announced that another 14-year-old boy had been arrested in connection with the incident.
Glasgow City Council runs the Crookston Road school where the incident took place.
A council spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an incident has taken place at the school and that we are liasing with the police."
People who read this story also read
- Man fighting for life after being found with serious head injury near pub
- Man has face removed in life-saving brain tumour operation
- Paramedic found woman covered in blood after hearing a 'cry for help'
- Summer here to stay as temperatures soar to another record high
- Three taken to hospital after two-car crash outside city supermarket