A woman with learning difficulties has gone missing from her home after leaving for a shopping trip.
Laura Gorrie was last seen at around 10am on Tuesday leaving her house on the High Street. She said she was off to Cameron Toll shopping centre in the south of the city.
The 30-year-old has not been seen or heard from since and her family are concerned about her.
She is 5ft 8ins, of a heavy build with long brown hair and glasses. When she was last seen she was wearing blue jeans, a red jacket and black trainers. She was carrying a Tesco bag for life.
A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "Laura has learning difficulties, and while there are no immediate concerns surrounding her safety, she has not been seen or heard from since yesterday, and her family want to reassure themselves that she is ok.
"She has been known to travel widely, and it could be the case that she has travelled outwith Edinburgh.
"Anyone who has seen or heard from Laura since yesterday is urged to contact police as soon as possible. Likewise, we would appeal to Laura to contact either her family or the police so that we can satisfy ourselves that she is safe."
Anyone with information should contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131.
People who read this story also read
- Three taken to hospital after two-car crash outside city supermarket
- 14-year-old boy critically injured after fight at secondary school
- Two of Edinburgh's bus lane cameras to be switched off after urgent review
- Man has face removed in life-saving brain tumour operation
- Man who tried to rob opticians told: 'We've no cash it's NHS only'