**This Friday sees the launch of the 'Yes campaign' for Scottish independence.
Scots are being promised the 'biggest community based campaign in Scotland's history'.**
Meanwhile, discussions have been taking place among the anti-independence parties, with a pro-Union campaign expected to launch in the next few weeks.
But in 2012, the two socialists, who have both now left the Labour Party, find themselves on opposing sides in the great independence debate.
Scotland Tonight was joined to discuss the issue by Dennis Canavan, a supporter of Scottish independence and George Galloway MP, a supported of the union.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: What's the best measure of sporting greatness?
- Scotland Tonight: Do MPs deserve to be given an 11% pay rise?
- Scotland Tonight: What can be done to improve helicopter safety?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
People who read this story also read
- George Galloway: Devo-max must be an option on independence referendum
- Scotland Tonight: No agreement on independence referendum question
- City bakers call for European protection for famous Dundee Cake
- ‘Sonic boom’ caused tremors felt across the north of Scotland
- Stalker who followed woman is ordered to keep his distance for 20 years