**This Friday sees the launch of the 'Yes campaign' for Scottish independence.
Scots are being promised the 'biggest community based campaign in Scotland's history'.**
Meanwhile, discussions have been taking place among the anti-independence parties, with a pro-Union campaign expected to launch in the next few weeks.
But in 2012, the two socialists, who have both now left the Labour Party, find themselves on opposing sides in the great independence debate.
Scotland Tonight was joined to discuss the issue by Dennis Canavan, a supporter of Scottish independence and George Galloway MP, a supported of the union.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash
- STV shows interactive Google+ hangout debate on Scottish independence
People who read this story also read
- George Galloway: Devo-max must be an option on independence referendum
- Scotland Tonight: No agreement on independence referendum question
- City bakers call for European protection for famous Dundee Cake
- ‘Sonic boom’ caused tremors felt across the north of Scotland
- Stalker who followed woman is ordered to keep his distance for 20 years