Footballer Garry O’Connor is ready to stand trial on cocaine possession charges.
At Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Wednesday, a lawyer acting for the Hibs player said the defence had fully prepared their case.
The 29-year-old, from North Berwick, East Lothian, has pleaded not guilty to being in possession of cocaine in Hope Street Lane, Edinburgh on May 14, 2011. He also denies a charge of resisting police arrest.
On Wednesday, solicitor Cameron Tait said the defence would lead "forensic evidence" in the case.
Sheriff John Horsburgh QC continued the case until May 28 when O'Connor will appear in court.
He was not present on Wednesday as he had been excused at a previous hearing.
People who read this story also read
- Hearts fan crushed by bus moments after watching team lift the Scottish Cup
- Man fighting for life after being found with serious head injury near pub
- School worker who downloaded child abuse images blames attention disorder
- Road closures and parking restrictions during Edinburgh marathon weekend
- Body of woman who went missing from relative's home found in woodland