Strathclyde Police have suspended a 26-year-old officer who was arrested and charged with sectarian breach of the peace after an investigation into YouTube footage of an Old Firm match.
The suspended officer was off-duty when the alleged incident occurred at Parkhead on April 29.
A 16-year-old man has also been arrested and charged with sectarian breach of the peace and vandalism.
A spokesman for Strathclyde Police said: "Strathclyde Police would like to reassure the public that we take robust action in relation to this sort of activity and any member of the public, whatever their profession, will be treated in exactly the same manner.
"Strathclyde Police, along with the National FoCUS Unit are determined to tackle the problem of violence, sectarianism and disturbances related to football. We will continue to do so."
People who read this story also read
- Rangers administrators 'terminate £25m deal with Ticketus'
- Rangers crisis: Charles Green names two investors behind club takeover
- Jealous boyfriend tried to kill suspected love rival with a sword
- Hamster dumped in exercise ball and left in shopping basket at Asda
- Cancer during pregnancy - The tragic story of the Kearney family