A motorcyclist who died in an early morning crash with a car on a country road has been named as 57-year-old Eric Robertson.
Mr Robertson was pronounced dead at the scene of the smash on Wednesday.
His silver Yamaha FJR motorcycle collided with an oncoming black Vauxhall Astra in Thornley, Aberdeenshire, three to four miles south of the town Turriff.
The 26-year-old driver of the car was taken to Turriff Hospital after the collision occurred at around 6.30am.
The collision took place on the road near to where it joins the B9001, which connects Inverurie to the A97 Banff road.
The road was closed for five hours to allow investigations to be carried out
People who read this story also read
- Sheriff gives predatory scoutmaster heavy fine instead of 'soft' jail term
- Three people cut from wreckage by emergency services after road collision
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car on country road in Aberdeenshire
- Dog owner neglected pet so badly she could not walk and had to be put down
- Police officer 'saw Arlene Fraser’s wedding rings' after she disappeared