Amid the doom and gloom of the eurozone crisis, there was some encouraging news for the Scottish economy, with the jobless rate falling for the second month in a row.
Eight per cent of the workforce is currently unemployed.
But the youth unemployment rate is almost three times that, a situation that has been labelled a national emergency.
So what's the best way to tackle the scourge? Scotland Tonight looked at the situation, and were joined by Brian Gibson, Tomorrow's People's national manager for young people's services and Robyn McNicol, a recent graduate of one of the charity's community based work projects.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Can anything be done to save Scotland's endangered species?
- How can we protect ourselves from the threat of terrorist attacks?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- How will Kirk's decision to allow gay ministers affect the church?
- What would impact of independence be for pensions and savings?