Amid the doom and gloom of the eurozone crisis, there was some encouraging news for the Scottish economy, with the jobless rate falling for the second month in a row.
Eight per cent of the workforce is currently unemployed.
But the youth unemployment rate is almost three times that, a situation that has been labelled a national emergency.
So what's the best way to tackle the scourge? Scotland Tonight looked at the situation, and were joined by Brian Gibson, Tomorrow's People's national manager for young people's services and Robyn McNicol, a recent graduate of one of the charity's community based work projects.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- How much of a problem is rowdy behaviour at football matches?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela