**The Prime Minister and the Governor of the Bank of England warned that Europe could face a single currency break-up, unless urgent action is taken to address the Greek debt crisis. **
That country's deepening economic turmoil, and uncertainty over the future of the euro, have sent shockwaves through the continent.
Scotland Tonight looked at the situation and spoke to ITV News Europe correspondent Martin Geissler from the Greek capital Athens.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash