**The Prime Minister and the Governor of the Bank of England warned that Europe could face a single currency break-up, unless urgent action is taken to address the Greek debt crisis. **
That country's deepening economic turmoil, and uncertainty over the future of the euro, have sent shockwaves through the continent.
Scotland Tonight looked at the situation and spoke to ITV News Europe correspondent Martin Geissler from the Greek capital Athens.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Are people with learning disabilities still bullied in Scotland?
- Would free contraception for 13-year-olds bring down pregnancy rate?
- Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence prepare for wrestling bout
- Is the G8 a talking shop for world leaders or capable of change?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'suffers from paranoid schizophrenia'
- What does the future hold for Hearts as administration looms large?